How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4705
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to mary a woman from another country that doesnt have

Customer Question

I wish to mary a woman from another country that doesnt have a valid passport What is needed and how long do i have to wait after i obtain a marriage liscence she only has a visa, shes here temporary. And when i apply for a marriage license is there a
waiting period. Just wanna know the basics of the entire process from marriage to legal resident..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
Although her passport is expired, she can still take the passport along with a driver's license, if she has one, and her birth certificate with translation if necessary.
There is a 3 day waiting period from the time that you apply for the license until you can actually perform the ceremony and get married. Once you are officially married, there is no waiting period before you can submit the immigration applications for her permanent residence. It can be done the same or next day if you wish.
I know immigration issues sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or help with your immigration forms, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again- I see that you were able to view my answer but you didn't ask me any follow up questions.
Do you need any clarification or additional help.
Also please don't forget to issue a rating when you can. Thanks.