Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I wish to mary a woman from another country that doesnt have…

Customer Question
I wish to mary a...
I wish to mary a woman from another country that doesnt have a valid passport What is needed and how long do i have to wait after i obtain a marriage liscence she only has a visa, shes here temporary. And when i apply for a marriage license is there a
waiting period. Just wanna know the basics of the entire process from marriage to legal resident..
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/28/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
Although her passport is expired, she can still take the passport along with a driver's license, if she has one, and her birth certificate with translation if necessary.
There is a 3 day waiting period from the time that you apply for the license until you can actually perform the ceremony and get married. Once you are officially married, there is no waiting period before you can submit the immigration applications for her permanent residence. It can be done the same or next day if you wish.
I know immigration issues sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or help with your immigration forms, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello again- I see that you were able to view my answer but you didn't ask me any follow up questions.
Do you need any clarification or additional help.
Also please don't forget to issue a rating when you can. Thanks.