Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I want to sponsor 4 interns from India. I am told I need a

Customer Question

I want to sponsor 4 interns from India. I am told I need a DS-2019 Visa. How do I get this?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of your question and I will be sure to answer your questions as your personal Expert.

You do not need a DS-2019 visa. You need a J-1 visa. And the DS-2019 is part of that process. I noticed that you have already done some research on the internet and I do not want to tell you something you already know. So can you tell me what you alreayd know, as well as provide a little more specificity to your questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok now keep in mind in am the sponsor. I am a US Citizen and I went to a conference in India and found 4 excellent protegees I would like to sponsor
Let's try this again. I noticed that you have already done some research on the internet and I do not want to tell you something you already know.
So can you tell me what you already know?
Also, please provide a little more specificity to your questions (i.e., knowing what you already know, what are your questions about the J-1 visa?).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I was thinking it was a J1 Visa they needed to obtain? I needed to give them a DS-2019 in order to have them complete it. Let me paste in the emailHey sir,
We have started the J1 visa process. In J1 visa, you have to issue DS-2019 form. Each DS-2019 form is printed with a unique identifier number known as a "SEVIS ID Number" in the top right-hand corner. Once you issue the DS-2019 form, we can get the "SEVIS ID Number". After this process only we can move ahead for J1 visa.
And sir you have to issue two DS-2019 form, one for ZARAN ASLAM SHAIKH & another for JATAN KASHYAP RAVAL.
Zaran
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do I need to do in order to issue it. Do I have to apply or something? If I do is there a cost. Is so how much. Also how long does it take?
OK, I understand now. Kindly remember to rate my customer service before leaving the site today. Like you, I want credit for the effort and positive customer service I put into doing my job. And you are the only person who can assure that I get credit for that. Thank you!
What you need to do is get in touch with a Department of State Designated Sponsor, which will issue a DS-2019 for J-1 internship programs.
Here you can find a list of such sponsors, provided by the Department of State: http://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/sponsor-search/?program=Intern.
Each program sponsor has its own costs/fees and timing for issuance of the DS-2019. So you will need to contact them directly to determine those elements.
I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.
I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.
REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.
Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.
A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!
Hi again,
I think we are experiencing some technical issues. I received a message that you reviewed my response and have responded. But I cannot see that response above.
Please post it again, so I can continue to help you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
let me look at the form to see if I can decipher it.
OK, but please do come back here before logging out of this site today. I need to be credited for my efforts to assist you.
Also, you will not be issuing the DS-2019. The DOS designated sponsor will do that. You have the program. And the designated sponsor will be the program sponsor. They issue the DS-2019 with your internship program details. So you will be working with the program sponsor to prepare that form.
Hi Tim,

Thank you!