Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I've been charged with a felony am a non green card holder…

Customer Question
I've been charged with a...
I've been charged with a felony am a non green card holder will they deport me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
I am not sure what you mean by non-green card holder. Do you have Residency or if not, what status do you have? Also, what was the felony and have you been sentenced and what is the sentence?
I work here and am married
And it's aggressive trafficking I've been charged
Ok, but I need more information than that if I am to help you. Do not worry. We do not charge per question, per response nor per answer. So it costs you nothing to respond:
1) What is you status in the U.S.?
2) It was trafficking of a controlled substance? What substance? What amount?
3) What was the sentence (if any)?
4) You are married to a U.S. Citizen?
Am on a working visa
I wasn't sentence
Yes marries to a us citizen
About 10 lb
If you are married to a U.S. Citizen, you should have gotten Residency by now. Why haven't you? What work visa are you on? Or do you mean work permit? If so, how did you get the work permit? Are you on TPS? DACA? Cuban? And 10 lbs. of what?
Can I get a number for u
I'll like a consultation
Yes, but it is an additional charge. It may be worth it, though, because trafficking is going to result in your deportation. Would you like me to send that offer?
What offer
I will send it to you now. It will go to your email and then I am allowed to give you my private phone number. If you do not want to accept it, that's fine. We can continue here without additional charge. Just check your email. Thank you!
Do I pay this now the 56 dollars
Yes. Follow the instructions on the email and I will pass on my contact information shortly.
Did you receive it? If you don't want to accept it, that is fine. We can continue here if you like. Let me know. Thank you.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
Unfortunately, unless the law changes, you will never become a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident and you are a priority for deportation from the U.S. There are 4 things in U.S. immigration law that have no forgiveness, that not even a U.S. Presidential pardon works, and those are fraud marriage, false claim to U.S. Citizenship, money laundering and trafficking of a controlled substance. They do not even need a conviction, all they need is "reason to believe" that you were involved in or benefited from any type of drug trafficking.
Here is a link:
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86950.pdf
IF you were to somehow get a pardon or a vacature of the conviction (sealing or expunging does not work), or avoid the conviction because you win the case or are able to plea bargain to something less than trafficking, and IF you were to convince an immigration judge that you were not involved in drug trafficking and IF you have a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident that depends upon you AND that person would suffer EXCEPTIONAL and EXTREMELY UNUSUAL HARDSHIP if you were deported, then you MIGHT be able to avoid a deportation. It would be a long and expensive road and you would need a VERY good attorney to help you. You can try to find one at http://www.ailalawyer.com/. I am truly sorry.
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That does not help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, "To finish". I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.