How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29021
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good Morning Ms. Judith, I need your help, my friends daughter

Customer Question

Hi Good Morning Ms. Judith, I need your help, my friends daughter was standing in USA her father name was added to OFAC list Immediately the Embassy send the email to his daughter and revorc her visa we understood her revocation of visa was due to her dependent to her father, as she was under 21, my question what is the legal age in US? she finish 20 yeas old in May 2015, can she reapply now or she must wait till she finish 21, how can you help please?She was very good student she finished the 1st year with the GPA of 4 and added to the ***** *****st of the university and for this year she was nominated as TA unfortunately she last this year and if she does not come to US two years of her life is wested waiting for your kind reply. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
What is their country of citizenship?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Iranian and they are living in U.A.E.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
She is a minor at the age of 20 and she will not get a visa based on her father's alleged ties to supporting terrorism as perceived by the US government.
She will be able to try to get a visa after she turns 21 but she shouldn't get her hopes up and I would suggest that she look for a university in Europe to continue her studies.
Since it would be her father's money that funds her education even after she turns 21 the likelihood of her being allowed back is going to be very very low.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want.