Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My uncle's green card expired may 13 he was denied boarding…

Customer Question
my uncle's green card expired...
my uncle's green card expired may 13 he was denied boarding on plane this morning his girlfriend left for costa rica he'd lke to meet her can he renew his green card in person expedited since the vacation is scheduled from 5-23 to 5-28 HELP thank u in advance
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
It's not so easy. You mean that they denied him boarding a plane in the U.S.? If not, where is he? And does he have a 2 year green card or a 10 year green card? Also, I have to step away for about 30 minutes, but I will be back. Sorry for the delay.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
They denied him boarding a plane in the U.S.? If not, where is he? And does he have a 2 year green card or a 10 year green card?
I wish you had responded. I had a solution for you but I didn't notice that you had not responded because unless you respond, it does not pop up in my list of questions to answer. What he can do is file an I-90 to renew the green card and then make an Infopass appointment to ask that the USCIS officer stamp his passport with a temporary Residency stamp and he can use that for travel. Here are some links:
http://www.uscis.gov/i-90
http://infopass.uscis.gov/
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That does not help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, "To finish". I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!