Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I am looking to get the copy of my I 140 from usics

Customer Question

Hi
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions. I have 34 years experience as a licensed immigration attorney.
Easily done.
You file form G-639 and request a copy under FOIA. There is no restriction on the beneficiary getting a copy of the I-140 through the Freedom of Information Act.
http://www.uscis.gov/g-639
And it is free. It takes about 4 weeks when requesting just a single document.
I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face, but more importantly, I want you to come back to the site for all your answers from over a 100 categories of experts!
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith
Was my answer helpful? May I answer anything further?
Judith