Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

If a Naturalized citizen petitions on Form I-130 child

Customer Question

If a Naturalized citizen petitions on Form I-130 for her child ( unmarried and over 21 - before the laws changed), what are the chances of approval?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
Approval is not the issue. The issue is when she can use it to enter the U.S. or to get Residency. But first, what do you mean "before the laws changed"? What laws specifically because since I have been a attorney (13+ years of experience), a child over 21 of a U.S. Citizen has always been in the 1st preference category.