Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My wife is from El Salvador, I am a US citizen. Her TPS

Customer Question

Hello my wife is from El Salvador, I am a US citizen. Her TPS application for this 2015 cycle was denied. She has never been denied before. The denial letter does not state any specific reason in why she was rejected. It just gives us the option to appeal. Is our recent marriage and her surname change the reason? She has always had TPS since 2001. No criminal record nor any misdemeanors. What can we do? Early on, an immigration lawyer told her to wait a few years into the marriage before I ask for an adjestment in her status. I'm a bit lost in what to do. Any insight you could provide would be great. Thanks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
That doesn't make sense other than one thing. How long has she been on TPS?