Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Whta is a economic contribution letter Visas?

Customer Question
whta is a economic contribution...
whta is a economic contribution letter for E2 Visas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/11/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
According to the Foreign Affairs Manual, the only place that economic contribution is mentioned is on the 12th page. Here is a link:
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87220.pdf
This is why it is not required, but an economic contribution letter could be helpful for the immigration officer to determine that the investment/business is not marginal, which basically means that it will not be just a shell for you to come to the U.S. So in other words, if cannot be a business where you are the only employee or your family are the only employees and it isn't an active business. So for example, if you just set up a company with $200,000 in funds to purchase homes, flip them and sell them as profit and you have no employees, or perhaps just your family handle some paperwork, there isn't day to day activity and it doesn't help the economy directly. But in the case of some client of mine, one is an attorney and he is working as an attorney as he just got his New York bar, but he is on an E-2 through his spouse that owns a bridal show. The shop buys and sells merchandise on a daily basis, has employees that are not family members, etc. So that is an active business that contributes to the economy directly.
When you present an economic contribution letter, this is what immigration would look for. You should probably get an economist in the area to write one up for you and back it up with his or her resume with their experience.
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That does not help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, "To finish". I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.
where can I find a template?
hello?
I have spent a little time looking and it seems that since it isn't a requirement, there are no readily available templates that I can find. Why would you need one if it would be best for an economist to write one?
Hello. I wish you would have responded to my questions. Regardless, I spent a little more time looking for you and this is what I have come up with:
http://www.srpc.ca/PDF/cjrm/vol20n1/pg25.pdf
http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/142988/2/SAEA%20Paper%20Vet%20Med%20Texas%***-**-****.pdf
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13657305.2012.649048
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2344230
I ask that you PLEASE leave a positive rating for the time and effort I have spent with your question. Since I am not given a salary to be here, it is the ONLY way the website will compensate me. If not, I basically worked for free. I thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.