How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4714
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on a F1 student visa and enrolled in private school;

Customer Question

I am on a F1 student visa and enrolled in private school; now that my aunt has legal custody of me and apply to enroll public school; they accept me already my question, is there any immigration violation? will they make me reinburse the money for enrolling
public school? what is the chance??? any consequences for attending public school
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
You may attend a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified public high school for a maximum of 12 months.
The school may also talk to you about paying the full, unsubsidized per capita cost of attending the school district. Speak to the school about this. This is not an immigration violation and there is no consequences as long as you follow these rules.
Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!
Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing the Happy faces. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .
Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification instead of leaving a negative rating. A negative rating does not help you or me. Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is mot public school a tudent and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified public high school? how do you know if the school is
in addition, if a regular public high school accept me? can i switch from private to this school? what the chance they will accep me?what happen after 12 months?i mean, the aunt ask for me and she thinks the public school near her house will accept me but do you think the public school will accept me?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, we have no idea and we cannot answer that. I don't know your specific situation. You will have to go in person to the school and find out if they accept internationals students with F1 visas. They are the only ones that can answer you.
If they accept you, yes you can switch but you can only attend for 12 months. After 12 months, you will have to go back to a private school.
I must go now , but Please don't forget the rating .