How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11897
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In two weeks it will be a year since i got in usa and i've

Customer Question

in two weeks it will be a year since i got in usa and i've been told that to apply for a gay asylum i need to be in usa under a year so i have very little time and i want to know how can i apply for it? please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary, so the only thing I ask is that you rate my customer service when we are finished. This is the only way I am compensated for my efforts to help you today. So please do not forget to do that. Also keep in mind that you are not rating the outcome of your question or the state of the law. I have no control over that so my rating should not be based on those things. I see that this may be the first time you are using this service. If you have any questions about how this process works or how to help me get credit for assisting you today, please feel free to ask. I would rather explain it to you than lose out on the credit for my efforts. Also, when you have new questions in the future, make sure to put “FOR JAMES" in your question and the subject line. That way I become your personal Expert.What do you want to know, specifically?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how to apply for lgbt asylum
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what you mean by "how.? I can only tell you what is required, but I cannot do it for you. The argument for asylum itself is something you and your attorney will have to write. That is outside of the scope of this service. Do you understand what I mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is required?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
OK, thank you. And sorry for the slight delay. It takes some time to prepare responses to complicated questions. Please do not forget to rate my customer service before leaving this site today. Otherwise it is like I am working for free. I am sure you will agree that you do not like to work for free. I am no different. You need to submit form I-589. Be as detailed as possible. It is important to be honest and truthful about everything. If there is something you don't remember, do not make anything up. Say you do not remember. With that, it is a good idea to submit a sworn declaration of the events and the situation in your home country. This should include information about why you are scared and examples of other who have been persecuted or examples of your own experiences with persecution. The application allows you to answer short questions. This is your change to really tell your story in a way that gets your message across. The goal is to show that you have either been persecuted, or you have a well founded fear of persecution. If you have been persecuted, tell your story in the declaration. Give as many details as possible, to strengthen your case.Along with that, you should include third party resources of information that support your claim for asylum. Newspaper articles, human rights reports, UN reports. Anything you can think of and find that would help support your case that people int he LGBT community are persecuted against in your country would be very helpful. The more you can provide the better. And the more you can argue that you haev the same fears of persecution, the better the chances are for you.Here is an excellent guideline for you to use: You also should contact an attorney immediately, who can help you prepare. I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer. I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you. REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions