How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28861
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a canadian citizen. Im a medical doctor in my first home

This answer was rated:

I`m a canadian citizen. I`m a medical doctor in my first home country Colombia and work as a Naturopath in Canada for the last 5 years. (not licensed doctor in Canada).

A Quiropractor in Tucson Arizona is soon retiring and needs somebody to take up her prosperous business. Half of their consultations are not for her quiropractor skills but for a therapy called Naet that both of us learnt in California over the last years. Most of my practice in Canada is devoted to this anti-allergic therapy. I already contacted her and she`s interested in me visiting to have a look and have an informal chat. My question is if I`d be allowed to to work in her clinic.

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

What are the licensing requirements for this type of treatment in AZ?

Their Dept of Health will have some type of regulation on treating patients and licensing requirements. That is what USCIS will what to know and the burden is on you to prove you can lay hands on a patient and give medical advice without a license.

It is not the modality and what it is called, it is what the state would call this type of practice and their requirements. You have to meet those to get an H1B.


Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what should be my next move?

You would need to contact the AZ Dept of Health or Dept of Licensing and Regulations and find out if you can do this type of practice on patients without a license.

That is your first step. If you cannot meet those, you cannot get a visa to work that practice.



Related Immigration Law Questions