Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Dear Sir / Madam, Have a good time, I have an inquiry

Dear Sir / Madam, Have...
Dear Sir / Madam,

Have a good time,

I have an inquiry here and I am seeking for your view on this matter.

I am a non US citizen father of minor US citizen (5 years old), my daughter's US passport is expired.

would to tell you that I am unable at present time to get into US territory to sign the papers required for reissuing/renewal a new US passport for my daughter.

My question to you in respect of renewal/reissuing a new US passport , is it possible to reissuing a new US passport without my approval even in presence of the mother of the child in US , mean can the mother (who is a US citizen) signs the papers required for reissuing/renewal US passport for the minor in my behalf.

Sincerely,
11/18/2013
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your questions today.

If the child is under the age of 16 and you, the non-applying parent, cannot be present, then you must complete a Statement of Consent (form DS-3053) to be submitted with the application. The mother cannot sign the applciation on your behalf.

Here is the information for the Statement of Consent: http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds3053/ds3053_846.html.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you need more help, please do not give a rating. Instead, please click the "Reply" button to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my satisfactory customer service with a top-three rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for assisting you. Please do not rate me based on the outcome or the state of the law, which I cannot control.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have immigration or TSA questions in the future, just click HERE and make sure you write "FOR JAMES" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. This is the only way to ensure that I will assist you.

Thank you!

I would to notify you that it's not a process of issuance of US passort ffor the first time, it is about renewal for the expired passport.

Murad,

The same applies. A new passport is issued to replace an old, invalid one. They don't just add a stamp. They send a new book.

Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer