How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108707
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I changed my status from F2 to E2 and was granted a change

This answer was rated:

I changed my status from F2 to E2 and was granted a change of status. It will expire in August 2014. How do I renew my e2, how soon can I do that, and do I have to leave the US if I changed my status here in the us previously?
Thank you very much, Customer
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What is the basis of your E-2? Your own company?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I put up my own non medical in home care for seniors here in California. I was granted a 2 year status ending on August 2014. Thank you.
Sorry about the delay. How is the business doing? Has it grown? Have you hired additional employees? How many?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the late reply as well. The business started with 3 clients and 5 caregivers. This year, 2013, I lost 3 clients because they passed away, gained 3 clients and now have 4 caregivers on a regular basis. They are all 1099. I am converting them to w2 this January 2014.

Thank you.
And it's been 2 years, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My business is active since my status was approved in August 2012 up to the present. Less than 2 years..
Ok. That's not too bad. They like to see some growth and you do have some growth. You should apply with less than 6 months before your current status expires. If you do not want or need to travel, you can just extend your status here in the U.S. If you do want or need to travel, you would have to do the process through consular processing so that you can get a visa stamp outside of the U.S. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the often unjust laws which I have no control over) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you feel I have earned one, bonuses are always appreciated. To request me in the future, make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions