Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Ghana customs imagration fee how much is it I got a original

Ghana customs imagration fee how much is it I got a original copy of a first time customs sheet of a young lady to come to the usa
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Let me guess. You have never met this person in person before, but only over the internet? You have started a relationship with her and she may have asked for you to send money to help with a visa, airline ticket, and/or passport? And now she is telling you that she needs to either show money in an account to travel or to pay some travel fee?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Doesn't matter that it looks legitimate. There is no fee to leave Ghana or to enter the U.S. Be very careful with this. These are generally romance scams. We get at least two or three questions like this on the website per week.

Normally the scam starts with trying to establish a romantic relationship, perhaps just a friendship at first. They also may claim to be a citizen of the UK or US or wherever so that you would not suspect they have any ulterior motive. They pull at your heartstrings by telling stories of hardship or tragedy that they have suffered in their life. At some point they want to come visit. They may ask you to send money for a passport and/or plane ticket. They may tell you that they have money, perhaps even that they are wealthy, but their money is tied up or something like that, perhaps they tie it into a tragedy or something. Then the next step is when they supposedly have the passport and plane ticket, they suddenly come up with this Basic Travel Allowance or (BTA) which is supposedly to show authorities that they have enough money to fund their trip. This is a lie. There is no such thing. They ask you to send that money so they can put it into a bank account to show the authorities. This is just another method to steal money from you. Then the next part of the scam would be when they are supposed to arrive. You wait for them at the airport and they never show up. A few days go by, you get extremely worried, none of your methods of communication work, and then suddenly a "friend" or "relative" of the scammer contacts you to let you know that she has been detained/arrested by authorities for carrying something illegal, I have heard of unregistered gold and they say it would have been a gift for you (perhaps to pay you back for the money you sent). The friend or relative of the scammer then asks for you to send money to bribe or pay fines in order to have the scammer released. From there, I have not heard of how else they are able to get money out of people. Of course there are variations to the scheme, but that's pretty much how it goes.

Here is a link that you can go to for more information:

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html

And here is another link from the government of Ghana:

http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/FAQ.htm

and another:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/international_financial_scams_brochure.pdf

and another:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/financial_scams/financial_scams_4554.html?action=/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_960.html

So whatever you do, do NOT send any money.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will u please check this out
ghana  customs form

You didn't even go to any of the links that I provided, did you? Go to:

http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/FAQ.htm

It says very clearly that there is no declaration fee. I know that you may have feelings invested, but do NOT send any money. This is a scam. Remember, $100 in U.S. money is like hundreds or even thousands over there and it is very easy to pay some graphic designer money to design fake documents. They are very good at what they do and that's part of it, fake documents, fake pictures, fake passports, fake visas, etc.

Do NOT send any money. Do not fall into this trap. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Did you reply? If you did and you do not see your reply above, it is because we have been having technical difficulties. Please repost your reply and to make sure it went through, you should be able to read it on the thread, not get a mostly blank screen after hitting the reply button. I believe I may be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.