How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108618
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am about to file an I-130 for my mother. My mother was

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am about to file an I-130 for my mother. My mother was born in Italy and later moved to Argentina where I was born.
When my mother moved to Argentina, her first name 'Gabriella' was translated to 'Gabriela', so my birth certificate says that my mother's name isXXXXX (one 'l'), while her birth certificate says Gabriella Biotti (two 'l').

I have a traslation -Italian to Spanish - of her birth certificate from 1958 certifying that '... Gabriella Biotti (Gabriela Biotti), born in... ' and it goes on. In other words, this translation indicates that Gabriella's translation of her name at the time was 'Gabriela'. Can I introduce this document as evidence that Gabriella and Gabriela are the same person? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You do it just like that. You submit the certified translation with the explanation. Since one, her birthdays should be the same in all documents, and two, if they have doubts about the blood relation, they can always order a DNA test, the certified translation and explanation should be enough. It does not have to be a letter of explanation written in any specific format, just a simple letter explaining the issue and it should be ok. By the way, my grandmother was also born in Italy and moved to Argentina. Funny coincidence.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions