How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28828
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I apply for an F1 visa to take a 3 year course of study

This answer was rated:

If I apply for an F1 visa to take a 3 year course of study to Bachelors level in USA, it seems that I have to provide proof of funds for the 1st year only. Does this mean I have to have a return ticket back to my country and depart USA at the end of the 1st year studies, and then reapply for the 2nd year studies the same way as I applied for the first year?

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

No, not at all.

You have to be able to show evidence that you can pay for the first year tuition and related school fees and living expenses. It is assumed you will be able to come up with the funds for the 3 years total. However, you only have to show evidence of being able to pay for the 1st year. No return ticket is required.

You will receive an I-20 for the 3 years it is anticipated it will take to complete your program of studies.


Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions