How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28814
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently changed status from F1 to H1B but lack the energy

This answer was rated:

I recently changed status from F1 to H1B but lack the energy to complete my degree now that I am working. Can a non completion of my degree undermine future requests for H1B extension or green card application? What legal risk am I taking by not completing my degree?

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

You needed to meet the requirements of the degree for your H1B. USCIS was satisfied with your credentials at the time you applied for the COS.

Therefore, if you had the minimum requirements at the time the H1B was approved it will not impact your H1B if you do not continue your education.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Judith for this answer. Would there be a reference to the fact that I did not complete my degree when I later on apply for a green card? In other word, could I be subject to green card denial for not completing the education requirement under my F1 status?

Do you have at least the equivalent of a US bachelor degree to meet the requirement of the H1B or if you were under the master cap do you have the equivalent of that?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I am holding a Bachelor and Master from a US university

Then there is no problem, you don't have to complete your program of study under the F1.


Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions