How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28812
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What way he can come to visit me as friend ? What form I

This answer was rated:

What way he can come to visit me as friend ?
What form I need to fill out to invite him?
What are possibilities?

Thank you

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

You can give a letter of invitation to your friend to visit you and an Affidavit of Support.

The affidavit of support is at this link

A letter of invitation would include the information in the sample at this website

However, your friend would also need to bring with him proof of holding a job back in his home country and a letter from the employer stating how long he has worked at the job, what his job title is, what his job duties are, how much he is paid, and that the employer is giving him vacation time to come to the US for a visit.

He has to also bring what ever documentation he has that he has a residence in his country that he owns or rents and has no intention of abandoning.

He cannot come to the US with the intention of staying, marrying you and living here. He has the burden of proving he has compelling ties to his country that will make him have to go back.

If he says he is coming here to see his US girlfriend, he will not be given a visa because the consul will believe he is coming here to marry and stay.



Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can he say that have friends here ,want to see country ,-IMF I will send him invitation,they will see where he is going (I am much older him)
Thank you

That is the downside to giving the letter of invitation, the consul sees he has a female in the US he is coming to see. They are not stupid and they are able to figure out what this relationship is.

He can say he is coming here to visit friends, but he will need to be able to say who those friends are and what his relationship is and how he met these "friends".

I have been an immigration lawyer for 34 years and I agree with the previous expert that you should make the trip to his country to meet him and file the fiancé visa for him. That is the right way to go about this even though is it inconvenient for you and an expensive undertaking.

If you really want him to come here to find out if things will work out, that is how you have to do it.


Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much

I wish you very much happiness in this relationship.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you!!