Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

On a turist visa coming to usa. When you enter usa and they

On a turist visa coming to usa.

When you enter usa and they stamp your passport do they stamp it with the date you tell them you are going to stay until? Or 6 months (the maximum time aloud to stay in usa)
Hello again. They stamp it with the date that they feel like giving you. Usually that is 6 months from the date of entry, but it can be less and can even be as little as a few days or weeks. It is up to the officer at the Port of Entry, but like I said, they usually give 6 months.
Did you reply? If you did and you do not see your reply above, it is because we have been having technical difficulties. Please repost your reply and to make sure it went through, you should be able to read it on the thread, not get a mostly blank screen after hitting the reply button. I believe I may be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i didnt but im having trouble asking you another question

Ask here....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what forms should i fill out for a tourist visa for my sisterin law

You don't have to fill anything out. You can send a letter to her that states that you will provide room and board so that she doesn't have to pay anything and she can take that to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Here is a link to what she has to do:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html