How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108980
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married since 06/30/2010 and I had my first green

This answer was rated:

I have been married since 06/30/2010 and I had my first green card's interview on 01/22/2013 and unfortunately my case was denied .Now my wife live far away form me and I have no connection with her I tried to call her but she didn't answer my calls ! Is there any possibility to apply again to have the green card without her ? I would like to mention that I'm legal here in USA and I have F1 visa .
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

So you do not even have your 2 year green card? What was the visa that you used to enter the U.S.? Can you prove that she abused you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sir I don't have the 2 year green card ! and as I told you I'm a student and have F1 visa and still have it .

Well, if you cannot prove that she has abused you, there is nothing that you can do through that marriage. You cannot force her to petition for you. That is her choice. If you can prove abuse, then you can file an I-360 on your own. Here is a link:

If that is not possible for you, then you are stuck back to where you were before you married the U.S. Citizen. You can marry a different U.S. Citizen and apply through that new spouse as long as the marriage is real. I am truly sorry. I wish I had better news for you. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir ,

So how to prove that she has abused me ?

Tell me please

Sounds to me that she has not. So don't try to make it up if it hasn't happened. If you do not have police reports, witnesses, and/or medical or psychiatric, psychological or therapist reports, then don't try. Thank you for the excellent rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please make sure you put my name in the subject line. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions