Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Hi!)) My boyfriend is Cuban and he has GC . We want to marry

Hi!)) My boyfriend is Cuban and he has GC . We want to marry . What about me - I'm tourist and my visa expired in December . So, can I stay here after we marry or I need to go to Russia ??
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

One very important question, does his green card say CU6 on it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Ok, perfect! You do not have to go back home to Russia! You just have to file the following forms to get Lawful Permanent Residency after you marry: an I-485 (application for Lawful Permanent Residency), I-765 (Application for work permit), I-131 (Application for Advance Parole), G-325a (Biographic data - one for each of you), and an I-693 (Medical exam that a certified doctor must fill). You will need to file each form with supporting evidence and appropriate filing fees. You can find these forms at www.uscis.gov/forms.

The supporting evidence that you would file would be birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce certificates if either of you have been married previously, proof of your spouse's CU6 status, and proof of your legal entry into the U.S.

In about 3 to 5 months after filing, you should get a work permit. About 5 to 7 months after filing you should get a marriage interview. If all goes well, a few weeks later you should get a Residency status (green card).

Here is a link to information about the Cuban Adjustment:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=6d893a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6d893a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you a lot. What about travel passport )) how can i get it ? to leave US and back

That's the Advance Parole. It is the I-131. You will get it at the same time as the work permit. So you cannot travel until at least you have that and that will take 2 to 4 months after you file. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.