How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12187
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a person who has a charge of second degree petit theft

This answer was rated:

can a person who has a charge of second degree petit theft (LVL DGR misdemeanor second degree) qualify for Deferred Action?
Thank you

Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your questions today.

How old was this person when the crime was committed?


Was the offender sentenced to more than 90 days in jail?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She was 25 years old.

No. she was sentenced to 6 months probation , attend anti-theft course and being a qualified offender pursuant to 943.325, she was required ti submit DNA samples as required by law.

the offense was committed in 2012


In this case, she appears to still be eligible.

Significant misdemeanors will make a person ineligible for DACA. This does not appear to be a significant misdemeanor becasue she was not sentenced to 90 days or more in jail.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you need more help, please use the reply button to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my satisfactory customer service (not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control) with a top-three rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for assisting you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have immigration or TSA questions in the future, just click Ask Expert James a Question! and make sure you write "FOR JAMES" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. This is the only way to ensure that I will assist you.

Thank you!
Expert James and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you