How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109277
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to find out whether I can enter into US. I was caught

This answer was rated:

I need to find out whether I can enter into US. I was caught by the police in the year of 1994 due to open an insufficient check to the University of Toledo.... Actually I paid off to the university before I was caught.....
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Were you convicted? Did you admit the essential elements of a crime?

And I assume you want to enter the U.S. just using your Canadian passport?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually I was caught for speeding then the police officer checked my Driving license and I was caught for writing a bad check to the univ...

What do you mean by admit the essential elements of a crime?

I am holding an Indonesian passport and I already have US visa....

Did you admin wrong doing? Does it reflect that you admitted things in the police report? Did you enter a guilty plea? Was the case dismissed? Did you disclose this issue when you applied for the visa?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The case was dismissed...

I did not disclosed this issue when I applied for the visa but apparently they found out from my finger print... And I have to proved to them that my case wad dismissed...

I don't understand what do you mean by 'does it reflect that you admitted things in the police report?
So you did that and you provided the evidence to them before your visa was approved and they approved the visa after you provided them the evidence that they asked for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I did but they said when I enter into US I have to tell them the truth that I was caught before and they don't guarantee that I can enter into US
Yes, unfortunately, there is no guarantee, but just the fact that they approved the visa is a very good sign. It means that you are not inadmissible to the U.S. and you do not need a waiver. What you should do is carry with you a certified copy of both the police report and the court disposition just in case they would like to see them. This would make your delay upon entry as short as possible. You should be let in because it was dismissed, but there is no way anyone can guarantee it. Just so you know, when I say that no one can guarantee it, it means that not even the U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident spouse of a U.S. Citizen has a guarantee to get in. So unless you become a U.S. Citizen, even if you did not have any crimes, you would never have a guarantee to enter the U.S. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you