How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29018
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are going on a Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks and

This answer was rated:

My wife and I are going on a Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks and she just realized that her Green Card is expired. My wife does has a valid German passport. What is the best course of action at this time.

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Does she have the 10 year card?



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes she does, it expired January 2012.

OK, she may travel with the expired I-551 but she has to first file the I-90 electronically.


She carries that receipt with her and her valid passport, expired I-551 and fee receipt will allow her re-entry.

She can also make an infoPass appointment with USCIS and get a temporary I-551 stamp in her passport, taking her expired card, the receipt from the filing of the I-90 to the USCIS office.



Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you