How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109342
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, we have a Nanny that we brought through a B-1 domestic

This answer was rated:

Hi, we have a Nanny that we brought through a B-1 domestic employee Visa.
When she came in, the immigration officer stamped her passport for 6 months, however her visa expires on the 25th of this month (october)
Which date is she obligated to abide by, the maximum allowable date of her stamp or the visa expiry?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Luckily, a visa only controls entry, not how long a person can stay. So you go by the date in the passport. She must leave by the date stamped in her passport. Obviously, to come back, she would need to apply for a new visa from outside of the U.S.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you