How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109313
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

about F1 visa and J1

This answer was rated:

do you remember me

I had question about J1

I have short term J1 visa with 212e law in my visa but I want to stay here more

you said I can get F1

I have another question

I wanna know if I get a fellow ship for postdoc

I return to my home country and finish my PhD after that can I come for postdoc ?

which kind of visa is for postdoc ?


Hello again. Yes, I remember you. Thank you for requesting me. Yes, you can apply for a fellowship/postdoc. It would basically be another F-1. So you can change to F-1 status while in the U.S. or you can apply for F-1 status from outside of the U.S. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you