Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My friends daughters I20 was terminated by the language school

My friend's daughter's I20 was...
My friend's daughter's I20 was terminated by the language school due to too many absents. She was asked to leave as soon as possible. How long can she stay? She was conditionally admitted to a university, can she get the new I20 from that university?
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/7/2013
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

How long ago was it terminated?

What was the reason she kept missing classes?

Terminated on October 1. She missed classes due to sickness and travel to other city to take the TOEFL, or could not find the transportation to school. Another reason she felt the class is not very helpful for the TOEFL exam.

Well, she needs to petition for reinstatement as soon as possible. The longer she waits, the harder it will be. Either the current school can reinstate her or a new school can reinstate her. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/FR/HTML/FR/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-79324/0-0-0-85465/0-0-0-87514/0-0-0-87971.html

She will need to prove that the reason she fell out of status was beyond her control.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Did you reply? If you did and you do not see your reply above, it is because we have been having technical difficulties. Please repost your reply and to make sure it went through, you should be able to read it on the thread, not get a mostly blank screen after hitting the reply button. I believe I may be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.