How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109347
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am married to usa citizen since 7 years and i make the interview

This answer was rated:

i am married to usa citizen since 7 years and i make the interview in the usa embassy in lebanon and my wife she living in usa and she came ones to lebanon in this year after i make the interview they ask in the embassy for more documents and gave it to them and latter they send us this email what the meail mean and how long it take to we take the response from usa thank you :Thank you for your email. Section 221(g) of the Immigration and
Nationality Act (INA) prohibits a consular officer from issuing a visa
to an alien if the consular officer has reason to believe that the alien
is ineligible. Based on indications that the petition did not meet
issuance criteria, we are returning it to U. S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. If
USCIS determines that the information we are providing constitutes
sufficient foundation for initiating revocation proceedings, the
petitioner will be sent a notice of intent to revoke that includes a
statement of the facts and evidence and s/he will have the opportunity
to respond. At this time, we are unable to provide any further detail.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Ok, well there is something that they found that they did not like. It does not mean that everything is lost. Here is what generally happens after the Embassy or Consulate makes a 221(g) finding:

The Petition is returned to the U.S. for further review.
When the petition is received by the NVC, it is reviewed and entered into the fraud database by fraud management.
It is then sent to the local USCIS service center where the petition was originally filed and approved.
Then the Local service center receives returned petition and sends a notice of receipt to your spouse.
The Local service center then reviews the returned petition and any consular officer notes on the case.
If the Local service center agrees , then they send either a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) or NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) to your spouse also asking for more proof of the relationship, many cases have specific consular objections to rebut.
She is given 30-60 days from date of NOIR/NOID to respond with additional evidence of the relationship or other specific evidence depending on what the original findings were. The timeframe to respond will be provided in the letter that they send her.
If you send back the requested evidence in the timeframe given (30-60 days) the case is reviewed and either original approval is reaffirmed or the petition is officially denied.
If the petition is denied the local service center sends her an 'official' denial letter. This can be officially appealed if the denial letter states such.
If the petition is reaffirmed the local service center sends her an official notice of reaffirmation.
Local service center sends the reaffirmed petition AND its evidence provided in the rebuttal directly to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa.
Consulate notifies you of a new interview date.
You have an interview for the reaffirmed petition and the visa is usually issued.

Now the things that you should do at this point is send your spouse a copy of the 221(g) that was issued, then hire an attorney to help you through the above process. You can go to first to find one.

Another tactic would be to have your spouse immediately contact the consulate or embassy over the phone and ask that the senior consular officer review the file before it is sent back overseas. Obviously this has to be done quickly. If she can't get through by phone, try email.

Also, she can contact your congressman/senator, get them involved immediately. Here is a link to help her do that: .

So as you see, you have some options. Not all is lost. It will probably just take 6 months or more, unfortunately.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the often unjust laws which I have no control over) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you feel I have earned one, bonuses are always appreciated. To request me in the future, make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you