How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12304
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Form 6059B states I can bring up to $10,000.00 in cash or in

This answer was rated:

Form 6059B states I can bring up to $10,000.00 in cash or in someother form into the US. As I am travelling with my husband and we fill out one form does this mean we can each bring $10,000.00? Thank you.
Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your questions today.

Form 6059B is filed on a per family basis. That means each family traveling together should use one form. And the form requres that you declare if you singularly, or collectively (traveling together), are bringing in $10,000 or more. So this means if you, as a family, are bringing in more than $10,000 total, or any sinlge person is carrying $10,000 or more, then it must be declared. It can refer to each person or a total for all persons traveling together.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you need more help, please use the reply button to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my satisfactory customer service (not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control) with a top-three rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for assisting you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, just go to Ask Expert James an Immigration Question! and make sure you write "FOR JAMES" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. This is the only way to ensure that I will assist you.

Thank you!
Expert James and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you