How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109283
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking an immigraton lawyer to represent me in having

This answer was rated:

I am seeking an immigraton lawyer to represent me in having my US Visa reinstated. I was deported for a offence that I commited on US soil some twenty years ago. I am from the Grand Cayman Islands. Please contact me at my Emails:[email protected] [email protected] Ph: (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Some crimes are permanent bars to ever getting status again no matter how old the convictions are. But let's see if something can be done.

What was the status that you previously had in the U.S.?

How long were you in the U.S. before the crime was committed?

What were the charges?

What were you finally convicted of?

What was your sentence?

Do you want to immigrate to the U.S. or just visit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was caught trafficking cocain from Miami to Grand Cayman. 2. I was in transit coming from Costa Rica passing through Miami airport going to the Cayman Islands. 3. Drugs trafficking was the charge. 4. I was sentenced to seven years. 5. I want a visitor Visa to attend electrical courses and siminars.

Ok. Yes unfortunately, that is one of those things that will forever prevent you from immigrating to the U.S. even if you can somehow get a pardon or vacature. They can still keep you out just with "reason to believe" that you were involved or benefiting from that activity. So they do not even need a conviction to keep you out. Here is a link:

However, not all is lost. It is possible for you to get a B-2 visitor visa and get a waiver to be able to at least visit. You would have to first file for a B-2 visa which can be found here:

And you would need a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link):

or on form I-192 which can be found at You can find more information here:,0930-labrie.shtm

It will not be easy and it is not guaranteed, but at least you have a chance. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your answer was rated as great

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX believe that you have to do something to rate it. I think there may be a pull down menu or a button that you can push, green, maybe and then you can rate there. Thank you very much and if you would like to request me in the future, please write my name in the subject box. Good luck and let me know if you have any additional questions.