How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28937
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello if you dont have an income, but have assets, can you

This answer was rated:

Hello if you dont have an income, but have assets, can you still apply as a k1 sponsor for your fiancee?

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Yes, you would attach a copy of your bank account statement (delete account #) and deed to your home to the I-134 Affidavit of Support your fiancé takes to her interview.



Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is that all? on the form wont it ask for income?

On the form it asks for income but the point of the income is to show the fiancé will not become a public charge.

Therefore, you may attach a copy of your evidence of assets which the government can attach in the event she collects welfare benefits to seek reimbursement from you.


Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

May I answer anything further to earn your positive rating? Your deposit is not released and the expert is not compensated until the customer provides a positive rating.

I am committed to providing excellent service and available to clarify.