Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My father has obtained several times US Tourist visas and came

My father has obtained several times US Tourist visas and came here for pleasure. But last time that he applied for his visa was by the end of 2010. Since then his status is pending and there is not any updates. They have asked often to update them with his travel history and resume, but still his application is pending.

He applied for all his Toursit visa from Dubai embassy, where he has business.
Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your questions today.

Did his application go to administrative processing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, he got the yellow paper with the case number XXXXX it right away on the late 2010. And since then when we check the application status is pending and no new result. As I mentioned previously, they asked twice for new documents and after invite us for patience and look online for the result.

Ali,

Unfortunately, Administrative Processing is one of the most frustrating situation to work with because there is really nothing anybody can do to speed up the process. Wherever it is right now can take as much time as it wants to to complete the review. There is now ay to find out why it is under Administrative Processing.

The only option, which you are familiar with, is to make inquiries with the consulate where it was filed. And it seems like they are of no help at all. That likely means they also do not have information to share, because the consulate is not reviewing the application at this time. Some other agency is doing that, and there is no contact information for this agency. In other words, the only information that is available is available through the US consulate. So if they don't have any new information to share, I'm afraid that's where it all ends until the Administrative Processing is completed.

I'm very sorry. I know this is not what you expected to hear, but I have to tell you the truth. Please know that while I always do my best to assist customers with coming up with a good solution to their situation, from time to time, the law does not provide a good solution to every situation. Please do not hold bad news against me by giving me a negative rating for my customer service.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you need more help, please use the reply button to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my satisfactory customer service (not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control) with a top-three rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for assisting you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, just go to Ask Expert James an Immigration Question! and make sure you write "FOR JAMES" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. This is the only way to ensure that I will assist you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Some of my friend ask me to write a letter to my state congressman, do you think that help?

So I cannot do anything about it from US?

Ali,

i'm very sorry for the troubles you are experiencing. You can write a letter to your congressional representatives. But to be honest, I don't think it will help much. Remember that your father does not have a right to come to the US. It is a privilege. And your father isn't a voting member of the public and doesn't appear to be in the near future, so congressmen probably won't really do much about it.

But it certainly can't hurt to call them and ask if they can help. But there are no guarantees that they will.

Please know that while I always do my best to assist customers with coming up with a good solution to their situation, from time to time, the law does not provide a good solution to every situation. Please do not hold bad news against me by giving me a negative rating.

Thank you!