How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108979
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been called to homeland security to interview for my wife�

This answer was rated:

I've been called to homeland security to interview for my wife's I-130. But I have a "minor warrent on Interpol .. if I go in will they detain me?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What is the minor warrant for? What crime have you been accused of? Did you disclose this on your I-485?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Both told to me as not extradition worthy. 1 possession of5 grand weed
2 possession of unlisc.firearm (no crime) and I guess failure to appear in Bahamas court
I didn't mention it but they know cause they holding my wife
5 grams of weed?

And what do you mean they are holding your wife?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes 5 grams of marijuana

Homeland security has my wife in detention in Utah for not finishing her I-130. And they know she has a warrent in Bahamas too.they've had her 6 months
Yes, but you said, "I've been called to homeland security to interview for my wife's I-130. But I have a "minor warrent on Interpol .. if I go in will they detain me"

Who has the warrant? You or your spouse? Who is the U.S. Citizen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We both have matching warrent s I'm us citizen
Ok. As far as your original question, "I've been called to homeland security to interview for my wife's I-130. But I have a "minor warrent on Interpol .. if I go in will they detain me" There is no guarantee that they will not detain you, but you are a U.S. Citizen and there is no extradition order and the warrant is not in the U.S. So I honestly believe that they will not bother detaining you because it will cost them money and resources that they do not have in order to do so. Also, if she cannot go to the interview because she is detained, they most likely will not approve the I-130 even if you do go. So I do not believe that they will detain you, but they may not even approved the I-130 if she does not go. You should still try because then at least you may be able to get the approval and then file an I-601 waiver for her to have the issue waived so that she can get Residency.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I went to the interview in Seattle, no problem except they didn't have her file so I had to wait 4 hours.
My wife is in Utah, I want to get her venue changed to WA, how do I do that?
Do I have to be there for her release?

She's been there since February. When she's released, I don't want to drive all that way (expense, time lost at work)
Here is a sample of a Motion for Change of Venue:

You would basically write it in that manner.

Related Immigration Law Questions