How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28938
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi however i stayed less than a year in usa .i have heard if

This answer was rated:

Hi however i stayed less than a year in usa .i have heard if i am an asylee and stayed less than ayear i am not allowed to enter only that correct.even i have american kids

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Since you abandoned your asylee status, how are you coming back to the US?

Who is going to sponsor you now?

Did you file for asylum before your I-94 expired?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes i filed before it expaired by 3month

Who is going to sponsor you to come back here?

You gave up your asylee status.



Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No one i cant apply from saudi arabia to get

You have to have a spouse or parent who is a US citizen or permanent resident to sponsor you.

You cannot apply for asylum again.


Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you