How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108690
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a letter stating the date and year that I entered

This answer was rated:

How do I get a letter stating the date and year that I entered to USA, I am an American Citizen but need legal documentation of the year I entered to this country
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

My mother entered the U.S. from Cuba a few years before that, 1967, I think. In order for you to get such proof, in fact, you can ask for an entire copy of your immigration file, and for FREE, all you have to do is file a G-639 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request. Here is the official link to the form:

The last one that I did for a client which was in June or July only took about a month or two to get back a copy of her entire file. If you need it much faster, you can write a simple letter explaining why you need it quickly. If they find the reason compelling enough (back it up with evidence if you have it), then you should be able to get it faster.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the often unjust laws which I have no control over) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you feel I have earned one, bonuses are always appreciated. To request me in the future, make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you