How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109679
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 24 years old & i had my green card since 8 years. i had

This answer was rated:

I am 24 years old & i had my green card since 8 years. i had green card through my mother, she was granted asylum in july, 2000. my mom applied for green card in late 2002 & I & my younger brother apllied in 2005, i & my brother was under 18 & we recieved our green card in mail in 2006. when my father applied for adjustment he did mark no on questions asked in I-485, Have you ever arrested inside or outside united states. He answered no, due to that immigration denied my mom & my dad's application & they recieved notice to intent to terminate.
Last year i did applied for citizen, i had my finger prints taken & later i did pass my citizen interview, on interview officer told me that i will recieve oath letter in mail, it has bieng over year & i haven't recieve any deciesion.

Am i still connected with my mom's, because i got green card through her?????.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

It is possible but there is nothing you can do about it until you hear from them. Worrying about it will do you no good. If you want to push your case along, you can do any of the following things:

1) Call the USCIS Customer Service number at 1-800-375-5283.

2) Go to and make an appointment to speak in person with an immigration officer to find out the status.

3) Because the case is very delayed, you may contact your U.S. Congressmen to get them involved and have their staff push the case along. Here is a helpful link to help you with this:

4) And finally, you could hire an attorney to find out the status and also push the case along. You can try to find one at

If it turns out that they will reopen your Residency case because of what happened with your mother, then you should hire an attorney to explore options. But for now, you will need to try to do one of those 4 things that I listed.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you