How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28816
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am trying to help a friend get home to Guatemala.

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am trying to help a friend get home to Guatemala. His Guatemalan passport expired in January. He has no US Visa. A family member there is very sick so it is urgent. What are his options? Thanks.

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

He cannot travel without a valid passport. The airlines will not allow him boarding. However, he can contact his Embassy in Washington DC tomorrow morning and explain the emergency to them and seek their assistance in issuing him an emergency travel document.


Embassy of Guatemala is located at:

2220 R STREET, NW 20008

Tel: 202-745-4952

Fax: 202-745-1908

Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you