How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108683
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i just got married and processing my green card,but i have

This answer was rated:

i just got married and processing my green card,but i have a baby for another woman,can it affect my green card
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

When did you marry your current spouse? When was your baby born?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the baby was born on April and the mother we had left each other before she knew she was pregnant but now she came uo and said i am the father,,and i already found a woman who cares better and we got married in August

Well, it could become an issue because it shows that you were in a relationship with someone soon before you entered the relationship with our current spouse. You may want to have a DNA test taken as well. Until you are sure the child is yours, you do not have to list the child in any paperwork unless, of course, she listed you as the father in the birth certificate. If she did, you really need to have that DNA test taken. Of course, you will still need to prove that your new relationship is real. It may just be a little harder to do if the child is yours, but it does not make it that difficult. The more evidence you have that the new relationship is real, the better it is. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions