Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

HI, I got an offer from an US concern and they got filed an

HI, I got an offer from...
HI,
I got an offer from an US concern and they got filed an H1b by 2010 and it got approved by dec 2011. I went to stamping by may 2012. In the interview in consulate they told that they are sending my petition for review to USCIS and I got 221g. Feb 2013 , in the USCIS website this change has been reflected. After that there is not info we received from USCIS to my employer. My petition got approved only till sep 2013.

Could you please help n my below queries.
1. IF the review has been successful after September13 will I be able to work in US?
2. Can i change the employer now?
3. what could be reason for the delay?

Thanks in advance!.
2.
9/3/2013
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Thank you for using this service. I'll do my best to answer your questions as completely and honestly as I can. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service. This is the only way I get credit for assisting you. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further.

Where are you currently located? Are you now in the US or still abroad?

Which delay are you referring to? Between Feb and Sep 2013?

What was updated in Feb 2013?

Also I will be stepping away from the system for a short period. Please be patient and I will continue assisting you upon my return. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I am right now in India.

Yes and delay for the whole process.

What was updated in Feb 2013?

"On February 6, 2013, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. "

I see this message today too.

Ganesh,

1. If the review has been successful after September13 will I be able to work in US?
ANSWER: Yes. So long as the petition has been approved, and you are seeking a visa within the validity dates on the approval notice, you get a visa stamp in your passport, then you can go to the US and work on H1B.

2. Can i change the employer now?
ANSWER: No. If you've never been to the US with the visa based on the approved petition for the original employer, your new employer must file a petition on your behalf, get it approved, and based on this, you will apply for a green card.

3. what could be reason for the delay?
ANSWER: There is no telling. Usually, it is just a matter of processing times, background checks and other delays, such as a lot of other administrative processing cases. The 221g process doesn't provide any specific timeline for approval or denial. It takes however long it takes, and no information about why one case takes longer than another case is ever given.

But it doesn't matter anyway, since you've now received an approval, there is no need to be concerned about the delay.

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Again, if you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer