Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

if i have this king of criminal record i was arrested on april

2010 ,can i apply for...
if i have this king of criminal record i was arrested on april 2010 ,can i apply for naturalization .i got my green card from 2009 september and i received my green card from violence against women act category .and once again why ice can not check me on domestic flights ?special in miami
8/31/2013
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

On flights, ICE is focused on catching terrorists. Not people like you.

No you won't be eligible for naturalization with two misdemeanors. You need to wait 5 years = until 2015.

Judith

Do you have a driver license or state issued ID?

You can travel with that instead of showing your resident card.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

When you go through Dept of Agriculture they run your alien card through the scanner and it automatically connects with the National Criminal Information System (NICS). That would show your arrest record.

Use your DL and that won't happen.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer