How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28811
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i have this king of criminal record i was arrested on april

This answer was rated:

if i have this king of criminal record i was arrested on april 2010 ,can i apply for naturalization .i got my green card from 2009 september and i received my green card from violence against women act category .and once again why ice can not check me on domestic flights ?special in miami

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

On flights, ICE is focused on catching terrorists. Not people like you.

No you won't be eligible for naturalization with two misdemeanors. You need to wait 5 years = until 2015.



Do you have a driver license or state issued ID?

You can travel with that instead of showing your resident card.



Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

When you go through Dept of Agriculture they run your alien card through the scanner and it automatically connects with the National Criminal Information System (NICS). That would show your arrest record.

Use your DL and that won't happen.



Related Immigration Law Questions