How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108666
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a New Jersey disorderly conduct charge and a resisting

This answer was rated:

I have a New Jersey disorderly conduct charge and a resisting arresting charge still pending. Can I still travel with a greencard out of the country
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Do you have permission from the judge or prosecutor to leave the jurisdiction?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe I can get permission. My attorney also thinks I have a good chance of dismissing the case. The prosecutor already offered to drop the resisting arrest charge if I accept a disorderly persons charge. However, I prefer to have both cases dismissed, which is why I am holding one. There isnt much evidence to support these charges.

Ok. Technically, if you have permission to travel, you would not have a warrant issued for your arrest or anything like that which is good and IF the CBP agent at the Port of Entry decides to call to verify you had permission, then you would be ok. HOWEVER, even though you have no conviction as of yet and are thus not inadmissible, a zealous CBP officer could confiscate your green card and parole you into the U.S. pending the outcome of your case. I would want to avoid this. To have the minmum problem and/or delay, I would carry with you a certified copy of the police report and a certified copy of the permission to travel. I cannot guarantee that you will not have any issue at all, but this would be the only way to really reduce any issues unless you wait for the case to be closed and then you would carry with you certified copies of the police report and the court disposition which unfortunately you should do each time you travel from now on until you can become a U.S. Citizen. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions