How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109648
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came to US with Fiancee Visa woth my two kids (3 and 7 years

This answer was rated:

I came to US with Fiancee Visa woth my two kids (3 and 7 years old) 4 years ago. My husband refused to apply for a green card and passed my documents to immigration service. My case has been postponed several times, meanwhile I have no documents here, just had a baby from my husband and pregnant again. He provides us with little money, does not pay the bills for my kids doctors, assaults me and threatening that will take away my little boy after I am deported. My kids from previous marriage do not speak Russian any more... what can I do? How can I keep all my kids with me, divorce and made my husband pay alimony? I do not speak English (my friend helps me to write)... Please help, I am so tired.... have no car - have to walk to places with my 3 kids and pregnant.....
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

I do not have very good news for you if you do not even have your 2 year green card. But there is a solution, it just will not be very easy. You either have to prove that he has physically abused you or you have to prove that he is abusing you emotionally to a very high level. You would need police reports and/or medical psychologist/psychiatrist reports. Here is an official link:

If you can prove it, you can get your Residency without him. I have to step out now for dinner, but I will be back later. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you