How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28938
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I overstayed my visa 10 years ago and have no drivers license

This answer was rated:

I overstayed my visa 10 years ago and have no driver's license or other form of ID. Can I fly on domestic flights from Los Angeles without a problem? Can I get a driver's license in California with an expired visa and expired passport?

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Unfortunately, no, no, no and no.

Have you tried contacting your Embassy or consulate to get your passport renewed?

What country and I can find the contact info for you.



Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Guatamala and yes I did get a passport but my visa expired 10 years ago and I am here illegally n

You can still fly. You need a passport that is not expired. Is your passport still valid?



Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. But does not have the exit stamp when visa expired. Do not have a visa.

You can fly domestically within the US with a valid passport and no visa or exit stamp.


Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you