Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Hi sir did u received my question that i ask u recently? Abt

Hi sir did u received...
Hi sir did u received my question that i ask u recently? Abt international travel
8/27/2013
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
I answered your questions yesterday and you did not give me a rating for those. I would appreciate it if you give me a rating for assisting you. This is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I only get credit for helping you if you give me a Excellent, Good or OK service rating.

Yes, you are free to travel. As I said, this is not the type of offense that will lead to any immigration issues. This is not a crime. It is a motor vehicle offense. Only if you injured or killed somebody will this be an issue because it would be a crime. But in your case, there is no crime so travel internationally is fine.

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Again, if you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

i appreciate u sir. i have still some question to be ask

. wht to tick in yes or no box when i fil application for job or other whenask if you have any offense or misdemeanor or something like that? pls make me clear once

Santi,

That is a state criminal law question, not an immigration question. You need to look in the state law to determine if it is a misdemeanor.

sir does the same case will be different case as per state criminal law and immigration law?

Criminal law depends on the state the offense happened. Immigration law is the same for every state. The state doesn't decide immigration law, but decides criminal law.

So the immigration answer I gave you is the same for every state.

as per my case it is not a crime as per immigration bt if it is a misdemeanor in tx criminal law then willl it affect me in future imigratio . pls do make me clear i dont know wht officense is my case in tx.? help me i have no idea abt state law anyway sir. i anticipate u with best solution.

Santi,

No. As I said several times now, this is not the type of offense that would cause you issues with immigration law. I do not know how else to make this any more clear for you. Nothing will happen for immigration.

Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

sir else do i need to have with me while travelling internationally besides reentry permit visa of destination country?

Santi,

You need a valid green card, passport, and if you have been outside of the US for 1 year or more, you need a re-entry permit, in order to enter the US.

If you already are a US citizen when you travel, then you need only your US passport to enter the US.

Thank you!

sir i would like to ask u 1more question . sir what my immigration be affected if i couldnt pay off the accident damage if i didnt receive any letterti pay the other car damage cost which the accident happened in sept 2011..that time my insurance refuse to pay the damage due to my expired license. so i need to pay the damage charge but once the other once i told him i gonna pay his damage cost bt till now im not in his contact . thre was languagr bearer to disclose n settle the matter so i waited firlong time to get any damage cost to pay from him . still i didnt get it. so how can i pay his damage cost. now ihve little amt saved for payment .so how can i get him n pay his damage charge.. sir eill this issue wont affect my immigration later on. pls suggest me the best method by which i can solve yhis issue as early as possible..i m hoping n anticipating ur best solin and suggestion. thanks.

Santi,

No this will not affect your immigration. What happens between you and another person, or you and a private company, does not affect your immigration situation.
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

bt what happens if he sue me a law suit against his damage. i also heard that if he didnt sue me in two yrs he can do so again. now sir ihave to go t o visit my family this months recently. can i take my journey at this time without getting solvef this issue for few months.. does immigration wont stop me in airport bcuse of the case i daid before?..sir pls also tell me who to consult before i go from here?.

sir m waiting ur response of my last question.pls

Hi Santi,

Sorry for the delay. Your last question did not show up in my list of questions.

Again, this will not be a problem. A Civil case between you and someone else will not affect your ability to travel and return to the US. AS I said, the immigration department doesn't care what happens between you and another person. Only if there is a criminal case between you and the state, and only certain criminal cases. AS I said, cases between two people are civil cases, and the immigration department does not care about these.

Thank you!

sir i understand from another attroney that driving with suspended license in tx is criminal misdemenor. so in ur last response u mentioned only certain criminal cases . does this ie my case falls under this case or not. im only worried abt my international travel for entry and exit procedures.? do they not prohibit me frm entering after i return back at the port of entry? pls sir

Santi,

As I mentioned several times already, this is not the type of offense that will cause you problems with immigration. This is not a crime involving moral turpitude and it is not a crime of violence. Therefore, you are safe to travel and return, even with this offense on your record.

Please remember to give me a positive rating for my assistance.

Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

thank u so much this is what i wantedd to know .m very glad n will be setting my my journey soon. i appreciated u sir hopin to get some more best responses from u hoped that u responded with best answer with ur experience.. will be writing u if i need some legal advices in future. thank u so much once again.. lasttly may i ask u any legal question from any where in the world if in case i need some help.or not?

No problem. And yes, you can always ask me quesitons from anywhere in the world.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, go to Ask Longhorn Lawyer and make sure you write "FOR LONGHORN" in the subject or at the beginning of your question.

ok sir .m always grateful to u n hopping to get the best response. have a nice day sir. .

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer