Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

For September 2013, all DV chargeability areas in the Visa

For September 2013, all DV chargeability areas in the Visa Bulletin are shown as "CURRENT." I assume this means that anyone with a case number XXXXX apply for adjustment of status in September, but what are his/her chances of having the immigrant visa approved and issued in time?

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Believe it or not it is possible.

The DV cases have to be adjudicated by Sept 30th or their visa number I lost.

So it has too be specially annotated for the clerks the gave it flagged. They basically hand carry those cases through the process so that they can be completed.When those cases are sent in we mark them up read good with DV all over them.

OOur Association also has a liaison person they work with at each office for them to check on the cases to make sure they don't get slipped between the cracks

Judith

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Judith,

Thanks for your answer. Please clarify two things, just to be sure:

1. Interpret this sentence, it seems to contain at least two typos: "So it has too (sic.) be specially annotated for the clerks the gave (sic.) it flagged."

2. Who is "we" and who is "Oour (sic.) Association?"

Thanks,

KM

So it has to be specially annotated for the clerks to it flagged. They basically hand carry those cases through the process so that they can be completed. When those cases are sent in we mark them up read good with DV all over them.

Our Association also has a liaison person they work with at each office for them to check on the cases to make sure they don't get slipped between the cracks

The American Immigration Lawyers Association and 90% of all immigration lawyers are members because of the benefits we have in cases such as these.

My apologies, it was a long day.

Judith

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Judith

I think I understand now that when you refer to "we" and "our association," you mean "immigration lawyers" in general, and "The American Immigration Lawyers Association", respectively.

But there is one other follow-on question: My original submittal contained the following statement: "For September 2013, all DV chargeability areas in the Visa Bulletin are shown as "CURRENT." I assume this means that anyone with a case number XXXXX apply for adjustment of status in September, ..." You neither specifically confirmed nor denied that my reading of the September Visa Bulletin is correct. Would you, please?

Thanks,

KM

YES, I did not understand that as a question but a statement.

YES everyone may file their adjustment of status based on the CURRENT priority date in the month of Sept. Confirmed.

Please move forward immediately with preparing your I-485 adjustment of status packet, including medical.

And I was referring to immigration lawyers, in general and specifically the association.

Judith