How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108675
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my daughter visit her fiance in California on a visa waiver

This answer was rated:

Can my daughter visit her fiance in California on a visa waiver for up to 90 days while waiting for a K1 application to be processed.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Can she technically visit? Yes. But the reality is that they most likely will not let her in. Why? Because for the visa waiver, she has to have non-immigrant intent and with a K-1 pending, that is proof of her intent to immigrate to the U.S. So more likely than not that they will just turn her around and send her back. So these are the three things that could happen:

1) She gets lucky and they let her in because they believe she will go back after her visit and not just stay in the U.S. and apply for Residency which legally she could do IF she can get in. This scenario will likely not happen.

2) She get unlucky and they do not let her in but allow her to withdraw her request to enter and she goes back home, no harm done except that she wastes the money on the plane tickets. This is the most likely scenario that will happen.

3) She gets really unlucky and they do not allow her to withdraw her request to enter and exclude her from the U.S. which is a 5 year penalty that she cannot come back or worse, if they catch her in a lie, it becomes a permanent penalty. There are waivers available to (forgive either penalty, but they are very hard to get and have to be applied for outside of the U.S.). This scenario is also unlikely to happen, but it is a risk which is why I recommend that she just stay home until the processing is done.

I am truly sorry for the bad news. I know she wants to see him sooner rather than later, but he may have to visit her instead. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 4 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions