Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

HOW CAN I BRING SOMEONE TO USA LONGER THAN THE TOURIST VISA

HOW CAN I BRING SOMEONE TO USA LONGER THAN THE TOURIST VISA WILL ALLOW IF I WILL SPONSOR THEM,WE ARE ENGAGED BUT ARE NOT READY TO GET MARRIED YET

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

What is her age?

Education level?

How long does she want to stay?

Does she speak English?

I am trying to see if one of the J1 visa programs fits her needs.

Judith

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she is 32, she has a masters degree in business and finance, as long as she can until we are able to marry, yes she speaks English very well i am financially able to support her thank you

There is no visa for her to just come here based on your support. The US does not even have retiree visas for people to retire and spend their $ here! Go figure.

However, there is a J1 trainee visa that she may qualify for. She would have to work.

Take a look at this link

http://j1visa.state.gov/programs/trainee/

If you could help her find a job, she does not have to be paid a huge wage, but can receive minimum income and possibly be a great asset to an employer here.

Let me know if you want more information on this.

If she came on this for a year, then at the end of the year you can decide to marry or not and she wouldn't need a fiancé visa. You would just marry and sponsor her for her green card.

Judith