How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wilton A. Person Your Own Question
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4147
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Wilton A. Person is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 78 year old Canadian born woman. I like to spend the

This answer was rated:

I am a 78 year old Canadian born woman. I like to spend the winter in Florida with a gentleman friend. I am retired but do have a fairly good income. How long can I stay in the U.S. Is the time in any given 365 days or is it a calendar year. Thanks!
Thank you for your answer. The positive news is that you would be able to stay in the United State with your Canadian passport for up to 180 days for each calendar year. Canadians enjoy special privileges with respect to travel and business in the United States. The general rule is that a foreign national should allow at least six months between trips to avoid any claims that you are planning to immigrate to the United States.

Please find the link to USCIS Service Manual Book for your reference about travel to the United States and the allowed length of stay.
Wilton A. Person and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you