How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109656
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, you answered a question for me last year regarding my permanent

Resolved Question:

Hi, you answered a question for me last year regarding my permanent resident status and getting a I-131 re-entry permit. I am now back int the US from England but I did not anticipate that the process would take so long. I had left the US for nine months and I am back for seven weeks. Would I be able to go back to England now and return to do the I-131 and biometrics in a few months?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome back. How long have you been in the U.S. this trip?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One month today. I was planning on staying for another 3 weeks, which is not looking like enough time to get the biometrics done. So 7 weeks total this trip.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I would say to ask to try to expedite the case. All you have to do is be here for the fingerprints to be taken. You can look on the instructions of the I-131 as there is a section on how to expedite it. You should have filed as soon as you entered the U.S., but it is what it is. If you do send the I-131 now, send it with two pre-paid overnight envelopes, mainly because you want them to send you the fingerprint notice overnight, but sometimes if you only send one pre-paid overnight envelope, they use it for the Re-Entry Permit instead. But anway, if you do not send the I-131 now, it is a risk that they confiscate your green card each time you come back after long trips. It is up to you, but I cannot guarantee that you will not have an issue when you come back. They may say nothing, but then again, they may give you problems. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you